Tuesday, 6 July 2010

A jaunt to London for some exhibition visiting

This weekend I went on a jaunt to London to visit many exhibitions, there was so much to see as many degree shows were on as well as exhibitions I have meant to see for ages like the V&A Quilt exhibition.
First stop was New Designers which I was in myself last year. There was some amazing work my favorites being the lovely drawings and bright colours in Amy Brocklehurst's work...

and the intricate emboridery in Laura Footman's work....
Next stop my boyfriend Nic took me to see Ernesto Neto's instillation at the Hayward which was pretty cool and featured 'site-specific installations with a abstract ,biomorphic quality evocative of skin and interior body systems' it featured incredibly clever pattern cutting of this stretchy tight- like fabric around these wooden structure's in the shape of bones...

I also visited the graduate Free Range show to see my friend Emily Moore's photograhy.... www.mylimephotography.co.uk 
Whist I was there I  also came across Louise Williams drawing's which I really liked....(I think I'm developing a love of monochrome in contrast with my love of colour!)





No comments:

Post a Comment