Saturday, 11 February 2012

Embroidered maps (new project/ideas)

I've had this idea in my head for ages now about embroidering a map .I made my boyfriend an embroidered map of Bristol awhile ago which I was inspired to do because of this project which I visited in Spike Island. I've decided to create some little samples of embroidery and have fun and experiment for a bit instead of getting stuck into a massive project, here is my first bit of experimentation...
I embroidered a line from Derby to Bristol because of my recent move back down to the south west and I've used some of the fabrics from my university global traveler project which have patterns from passports on for the background. Eventually I might create a entire embroidered/patch-worked map of europe and embroider where I have been but for now I'm just going to continue with some small samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment